The record-breaking year of 2014 was packed with success for Husqvarna in sales and in competitions worldwide. Husqvarna’s enduro bikes proved themselves repeatedly on the world stage by conquering several race wins: Extreme Enduros such as the Hell’s Gate where Graham Jarvis was victorious; important national championships such as the AMA National Enduro where Andrew DeLong triumphed; gruelling rallies stacked with experienced riders such as the Sardinia Rally; and ultimately, victory in the Enduro World Championship in the E2 category in the hands of Pela Renet.
2015 promises to be another memorable year for Husqvarna, and the MY16 enduro range has been finely tuned to battle for race wins, as well as to conquer the hearts and minds of enthusiasts.
Upgraded suspension geometry and revised settings, combined with updated engine details and a standard handlebar map switch, improve handling, confidence and control. The new colours and graphics highlight the high-tech nature of the bikes and are a modern interpretation of the traditional Swedish colour scheme.
MY16 News and Update Highlights:
New 22 mm front axle
Detail improvements and optimisation on the MY16 enduro bikes are based on the updated front end where a new 22 mm front axle with specific fork shoes replaces the previous 26 mm axle. The new axle is lighter, and the shoes have shorter offset and increased trail, for more stability and better front-end feel.
- New 22 mm front axle replaces 26 mm axle → reduced unsprung weight (40 g) and better feeling
- Shorter offset on fork shoes → improved fork functioning
22 mm offset triple clamps
The CNC machined triple clamps on all the bikes now feature a 22 mm offset. The resultant reduction in trail balances the increased trail due to the new front axle and fork shoes, for optimal balance between agility and stability.
The triple clamps are made of high quality materials, precisely machined and anodised in deep black, and are designed to evenly distribute the clamping force on the fork leg, maximising contact area for optimal sensitivity and minimum friction. Accurate flex has been designed into the triple clamps, perfectly complementing the fork, and transferring detailed information to the rider. Ergonomics play a major role in rider feeling and confidence, so the handlebar can be adjusted in 4 different positions to adapt to a wide variety of riders.
- Increased fork offset → increased agility and front-end balance and feeling
- Precisely engineered flex → maximum feedback to the rider
- 4 handlebar positions → adaptable ergonomics to rider preference
Revised 4CS fork setup
With the new offset on triple clamp and fork shoes, the 4CS setup has been revised to suit the new front-end geometry. Now in its 4th year of production, the 4CS fork has reached the perfect balance between performance, feeling and reliability. The four-chamber system on the 4CS fork has been developed to improve damping, handling, plushness and rider comfort, ideal characteristics for enduro. The clicker settings can be easily and quickly adjusted via the dials on the top of the fork tubes. The red dial on the right alters rebound damping, while the white dial on the left is for compression damping.
WP suspension stands for top quality and offers the best performance levels. Precision engineering, quality materials and advanced production processes characterise the WP forks on the Husqvarna model range.
- Revised set up of WP 4CS fork → superior handling and feel, accurate damping characteristics
- Easy access clicker dials → simple and fast clicker settings
- High quality and reliability → consistent damping behaviour over time
New rear shock setup
The high performance DCC (Dual Compression Control) rear shock made by WP has a revised setup and has been re-valved to match the geometry and setup changes on the front-end. The new setup features improved damping characteristics and balance.
The high performance DCC (Dual Compression Control) rear shock is designed by WP Performance Systems; it guarantees excellent damping characteristics, ensuring maximum feedback and comfort. The shock is completely adjustable for rebound and high/low speed compression damping.
- WP shock revised setup → new valving for better damping characteristics and balance
- High performance rear shock → complete adjustability, high quality materials
New fork protectors with inmould graphics
The fork protectors have been redesigned and no longer wrap around the fork leg. The new design allows for improved access to the fork leg for better maintenance and cleaning, while also being easier to replace. The white plastic now features high quality inmould graphics for long-lasting and stylish looks.
- New fork protectors → easier to replace, better maintenance and cleaning of fork
- Inmould graphics → durability and stylish looks
Updated gearbox on FE 250 and FE 350
A lightweight 6-speed gearbox, with enduro specific gearing, is fitted to all the enduro models. Special attention was given to ensure easy and precise shifting. For MY16, the FE 250 and FE 350 feature a new bearing on the input shaft of the gearbox as well as a new screw and washer to simplify the mounting of the shift lever.
- 6-speed gearbox → enduro specific gearing
- New bearing on gearbox input shaft on FE 250 and FE 350 → smoother shifting gearbox
Updated DDS clutch on FE 450 and FE 501
The DDS (damped diaphragm steel) clutch system is featured on the enduro models (except the TE 125) to achieve smooth clutch action and easy control. A single diaphragm steel pressure plate is used instead of coil springs. It integrates a damping system for better traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the narrowness of the engine. For MY16, the FE 450 and FE 501 clutch basket is 80 g lighter and features an optimised pressure plate for better modulation and improved durability.
- New clutch basket on FE 450 and FE 501 → 80 g lighter than previous component
- New pressure plate on FE 450 and FE 501 → better modulation and improved durability
- DDS (damped diaphragm steel) clutch → integrated damping system for better traction and durability
Standard map switch
With the map switch fitted as standard on all the enduro models except the TE 125, the power delivery characteristics of the engine can be modified according to terrain and rider preference.
- Standard handlebar map switch → adjust engine characteristics to conditions and terrain
Modified lubrication system on FE 250 and FE 350
On the 4-stroke engines, two oil pumps ensure that proper lubrication reaches all the critical areas of the engine. Firstly a pressure pump lubricates the crankshaft, piston, multifunctional shaft and valve train, while a second, scavenger pump, takes care of the transmission. The lubrication system on the FE 250 and FE 350 has been modified to prevent damage from bad maintenance operations such as over-filling the system with oil. The modification has the added advantage of improving lubrication in extreme terrain, such as on steep uphill or downhill trails.
- Modified lubrication on FE 250 and FE 350 → improved lubrication in extreme terrain, also prevents damage against excessive oil fill-up
New front and rear disc brakes
New disc brakes by GFK at the front and rear, feature stronger braking power and increased control with a new design.
- New disc brakes → increased braking power
New lightweight spokes
In a constant effort to reduce weight and optimise handling, the MY16 enduro range features lighter spokes on both wheels, for an overall weight saving of 100 g.
- Lighter spokes → 100 g reduction of unsprung weight
Blue anodised rear sprocket
The blue anodised Supersprox 2K rear sprocket is a valuable addition that takes the sporty looks to a new level, as well as improving quality and performance.
- High-strength steel teeth → at least 3 times longer life than aluminium sprocket
- Lightweight aluminium inner ring → reduces unsprung weight by 50% compared to steel sprockets
New seat cover with high-grip and durable material
The new seat cover is highly resistant and greatly improves grip compared to the previous material. The colour is now a deep blue that integrates perfectly with the new colour of the bodywork.
- High-grip seat cover → improved grip, durability and feeling
New colours and graphics
The new colour tones of the MY16 enduros further evolve into dark blue pearl with bright yellow accents, with white front and rear fenders and headlight mask.
- New colours and graphics → design evolution of traditional Husqvarna colours